Fundies Wholefood Cafe
219 Given Terrace
- Toasted sour dough with wilted spinach, roasted tomatoes and scrambled tofu $16
Vegan and Vegetarian Eatery
Fortitude Valley (Shop 8, 115 Wickham Street)
- Malaysian ‘Lamb’ Curry Box
- Stir Fry Vege Chicken in 3 Cup Sauce (Chili, Ginger & Basil)
22 Carraway St, Kelvin Grove Urban Village
- Moonlight tea (lavender and chamomile & Avocado on Turkish bread, with olive oil, lemon, salt + pepper
- Iced Chai on Bonsoy
They also have vegan banana bread and dark hot chocolate which is vegan on soy milk.
170 Boundary Rd, West End
All-you-can-eat vegan breakfast buffet:
- Organic fruit toast with chocolate tahini spread
- Fruit salad
- Pancakes with maple syrup and facon
- Avocado (not usually included)
- Baked beans
- Scrambled tofu
- Facon and vegan sausage
Tom Yum Soup
The Hub’s Wok
22 Barry Parade
Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
(07) 3831 3800
Vege Rama, Post Office Square on Adelaide St.
1. Satay Tempeh, Black Chickpeas, Aloo Matar, Brown Rice, and Mustard Dill Salad.
2. Satay Chicken Burger (chicken style patty, lettuce, tomato,cucumber, Indonesian peanut satay sauce, red cabbage coleslaw).
3. Mexican Tacquito with Garlic Mayonnaise, Bonza Beetroot curry with Tempeh, Falafel Salad and Cauliflower Zatar Salad.
4. Moroccan Lentil Burger (homemade spiced lentil patty with onion and sultana chutney, harissa mayonnaise, beetroot, lettuce and tomato), with Risoni Pasta Salad and Vege Rama Garden Salad.
My job is pretty amazing.
Kofta Salad with Tahini Dressing & Pad Thai Noodles from Vege Rama, Myer Centre.
Mocha Milkshake (to die for) at The Green Edge, Enoggera.
Rumor has it they are soon moving to a bigger location, so they can have a bigger kitchen and make more food!
Brisbane city, Myer Centre Food Court.
Scrumptious Thai Green Curry and Aloo Palak with brown rice.
They are also set to open an all vegan cafe in the city (opposite Anzac Square) in the next few weeks! Exciting!!
‘Asian and Vegetarian Restaurant’
22 Barry Parade, Fortitude Valley
- Char Kway Teow
- Nasi Lemak
- Sizzling Mongolian
- Bean Curd and Chinese Vegetable Hot Pot
Top: Veggie Burrito, no cheese, extra guacamole, from Guzman y Gomez
Bottom: Veggie Burrito*, no cheese, no sour cream, extra guacamole, from Zambrero’s (Kelvin Grove)
*Some places use butter and some use nuttelex in their veggie beans and rice. Double check at your local place and ask them to switch over if they still use butter!
Zambrero’s ‘Chips and Dip’, $8.00
- minus sour cream
- with an extra dollop of guacamole
- with the chili and ginger sauce
Obviously kind of expensive, and not the most satisfying of meals, but it was okay!
Mushroom burger with king land mayo and mature cheddar cheezly at The Green Edge: $10.95.
The ‘cheddar’ was a bit intense for me, I’d go without next time. The mushrooms were incredibly tasty though and there were about six or so (mini portobello or swiss brown I think) all up!
Organic, fair-trade, vegan chocolate from The Green Edge in Enoggera: $5.95.
This one is incredibly scrumptious, and they also have Dark Mint, Dark Almond and Dark Cacao.
Vege Rama, in the City Myer Centre.
- Vegan Satay Salad with Tofu and Tempeh
- Vegan Mayo and Rice Ball Salad
- Delicious Ginger and Mint Cordial