Garlic, Red Onion, Leek, Mushroom, Zucchini, Lemon and Spinach Risotto.
Fried tofu in tomato sauce, hot chili sauce, steamed rice, sauted veggies in garlic and stir fried greens.
I had some friends round yesterday and we had a big vegan breakfast food lunch! There was polenta, garlic mushrooms with basil, english spinach with garlic, avocado wtih lemon, salt and pepper, hash browns, Linda McCartney vegan sausages (definitely try these if you haven’t, they are much better than the sanitarium kind), fried tomato and hommus (for the polenta). A friend also made vegan ginger bread men and we had them with soy, banana, strawberry and passion fruit smoothies!
Fried Hash Brown.
Avocado with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Fried tofu marinated in soy, garlic and ginger.
Button mushrooms cooked in olive oil with garlic, kale, lemon juice and nuttelex.
Dhal with potato, cauliflower, veggie sausage, coconut cream and lime.
It is exactly the same as this recipe, except for the sausage (two sausages) and coconut cream (2-3 tbsp). Add the sliced sausage and saute for about a minute just before adding the vegetable stock. Add the coconut cream and lime at the same time you add the mustard seeds.
Miso Soup, Fried Tofu, Spinach Stirfry and steamed rice.
This meal is super easy to prepare and super delicious. The stir-fry is the same as this one, you simply shallow fry the tofu cubes and the (red) miso is a powder to which you add boiling water, some crumbled tofu and extra shallots. We ate the fried tofu with some hot chili sauce.
Stirfry for one~
1/2 large red chilli
1 large clove garlic, crushed and diced
1-2 shallots, separate white from green part
2-3 Lamyong’s chicken nuggets. These can be bought from The Green Edge. I microwave them for about 10 secs for each one you have in the bowl - max 1 min - and then slice them into small strips.
(I wanted to use tofu but tragically didn’t have any)
1-2 bok choys (?)
3-4 large handfuls baby spinach
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil (I like to have this dish slightly oily, with the citrus cutting through the oil nicely)
1 tsp ginger powder
2-3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 cup brown rice
1. Cook the rice in a rice cooker!
2. Heat the oil in a wok, then add the sliced soy chicken, garlic, chili and the white parts of the shallots.
3. Saute for 1-2 mins then add the ginger powder and saute for a further 30 seconds or so. Then add 1 tbsp soy sauce.
4. Add the rest of the shallots and the bok choy - I liked to leave the leaves whole. Add the rest of the soy sauce and saute until wilted (1-2 mins).
5. Remove wok from heat and stir through the spinach until wilted. Also stir through the sesame oil, and squeeze juice from a quarter of a lime.
6. Serve and enjoy!