Dessert time ft. Almond Bark Tofutti and my sister’s chocolate mud cake, made from packet mix bought at The Green Edge.
- 4 tbsp self raising flour
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp soy or oat milk
- 2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large mug. (It actually tastes even more delicious raw).
- Microwave for 40 to 60 seconds. Keep an eye on it as it may overflow! If this happens it’s probably ready enough to take out.
- Serve with frozen or fresh raspberries, strawberries and vanilla so good ice cream!
Sago with Coconut Milk and Raspberry Syrup
1/4 cup sago* (tapioca seed)
1 and 1/4 cups coconut milk
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
2 tbsp sugar
Squeeze fresh lime
*You can find tapioca seeds in most supermarkets, generally in the health food or baking section, but it can be hard to find so ask someone if you can’t see it immediately!
- Combine tapioca seeds, coconut milk, water, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl. Set aside for 30 mins.
- Combine sugar, lime and raspberries in a small saucepan over low to medium heat.
- Cook until well combined and slightly thickened (will look like jam).
- Pour mixture into a separate container, but don’t wash the sauce pan (if you want the sago to be slightly pink).
- Add the tapioca coconut milk mixture to the saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened and tapioca seeds are soft and transparent, stirring consistently.
- Remove from heat and serve in small bowls or ramekins or small transparent glasses with a dollop of the raspberry syrup.
(Serves 3 small)
Chocolate covered marshmallow bar with raw macadamia and coconut ice cream.
Orange and goji berry raw cheesecake with walnut and date base. (This was the most incredible, scrumptious, divine thing I have ever consumed. EVER.)
Cupcakes from the Animal’s Australia recipe I posted the other day! They turned out so well, I am so happy with them. For the icing I added a half cup of strawberry jam and 1 cup desiccated coconut. The orange and poppy seed ones are the same as the chocolate recipe but instead of the cocoa powder I melted half a cup marmalade, the sugar, orange rind and 1 squeeze of juice in a sauce pan, then added that to a half batch of the original recipe. They are amazing, very sweet so you don’t really need quite as much sugar as the recipe states.
White Chocolate & Macadamia Ice Cream Slice. Will be making this myself very soon and will let you know how it goes.
1 block copha (coconut oil and vegetable fat) - this has the recipe on it
4 cups rice bubbles
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup desiccated coconut
1. Melt copha, either in the microwave or over the stove top.
2. Stir in everything else.
3. Fill patty cake papers.
4. Set in the fridge for an hour or two.
5. IT IS THAT EASY.
We accidentally bought coco pops instead of rice bubbles like the recipe calls for, which is why they aren’t as chocolatey looking as usual - we didn’t have cocoa at home.
+ 1 block silken tofu
+ 1 block (vegan) dark chocolate
+ 1 cup agave syrup (or equivalent vegan honey alternative)
1. Melt chocolate. (We did so in a metal bowl over a saucepan of boiling water)
2. Place all ingredients in blender.
4. Refrigerate for an hour or so.
Next time I am going to experiment with some extra flavours - I think some grated orange peel would be delicious, for example.