Spicy Burrito Bowl with Mushrooms
- sliced button or swiss brown mushrooms
- cubed capsicum
- finely sliced red onion
- sliced red chili
- garlic, paprika and cumin to taste
- baby spinach
- Fry onion, mushrooms, chili and capsicum in vegetable or olive oil until the mushrooms start to soften and darken.
- Add spices and saute till fragrant.
- When the mushrooms are perfectly cooked, turn off the heat and stir through baby spinach until it wilts.
- Serve in a bowl with fried tofu; lemon; avocado, tomato and red onion salsa, fresh corn; and rice with nuttelex and cumin stirred through it.
Scrumptious, quick, easy and healthy tacos.
Bean mix: Olive oil, onion, shallots, garlic, half tin kidney beans, half tin chickpeas, third of a cup tinned crushed tomato, half tomato (diced), 1 tsp curry powder, 2 tsp nutritional yeast.
Guacamole: 1 third of an avocado diced, 1 quarter of a tomato (flesh only, no pulp or seeds) diced, 2 - 3 tsp lime juice, 1 tbsp finely sliced shallots, salt and pepper to taste.
Plus grated carrot and, as I had no salsa, some hummus which I dolloped on top later and it actually worked deliciously!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion
1 or 2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp tomato paste
1 tin chickpeas (mash them a bit)
1 tin Mexican Chili Bean Mix
2 tsp curry powder
1 heaped tsp nutritional yeast
1 and 1/2 ripe avocados (mashed)
Juice from half a lime/ 1 tsp lemon juice
Tbsp finely chopped red onion
Pinch of salt and pepper
Cos lettuce (shredded)
Now just add salsaaaa!