1 head cauliflower
1 can light coconut milk
1 large bunch of english spinach chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 lime, zest reserved
1/2 long red chili, sliced
1 tsp soy sauce pinch of sugar
1 block of firm or extra firm tofu (approx 2 slices per person)
- Break cauliflower into smaller pieces and steam until just tender, not to mush. Add enough coconut milk to make a rustic mash. Add salt to taste.
- Drain tofu. Slice into .25” slices and sprinkle generously with lime juice.
- Place remaining coconut milk, approximately half a can, into a small saucepan and stir in half of reserved lime zest, chili, soy sauce and sugar. Simmer on medium low until reduced. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- In large frying pan warm 2T olive oil and sautee garlic gently over medium heat until just cooked. Add rinsed but still damp chopped spinach and sautee until just wilted.
- Heat another pan on medium high. Generously oil pan and fry tofu.
- Build the dish by laying down the cauliflower down first. Pile on the bright beautiful spinach and then lay down the tofu. Add the remaining zest into the sauce and spoon over the tofu.
Tagged as: tofu. coconut. cauliflower. cauliflower mash. cauliflower rice. spinach. vegan. vegetarian. recipe. food.