Stirfry for one~
1/2 large red chilli
1 large clove garlic, crushed and diced
1-2 shallots, separate white from green part
2-3 Lamyong’s chicken nuggets. These can be bought from The Green Edge. I microwave them for about 10 secs for each one you have in the bowl - max 1 min - and then slice them into small strips.
(I wanted to use tofu but tragically didn’t have any)
1-2 bok choys (?)
3-4 large handfuls baby spinach
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil (I like to have this dish slightly oily, with the citrus cutting through the oil nicely)
1 tsp ginger powder
2-3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 cup brown rice
1. Cook the rice in a rice cooker!
2. Heat the oil in a wok, then add the sliced soy chicken, garlic, chili and the white parts of the shallots.
3. Saute for 1-2 mins then add the ginger powder and saute for a further 30 seconds or so. Then add 1 tbsp soy sauce.
4. Add the rest of the shallots and the bok choy - I liked to leave the leaves whole. Add the rest of the soy sauce and saute until wilted (1-2 mins).
5. Remove wok from heat and stir through the spinach until wilted. Also stir through the sesame oil, and squeeze juice from a quarter of a lime.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Tagged as: bok choy. brown rice. dinner. easy recipe. food. lamyong's. mine. recipe. soy chicken. stir fry. stirfry. vegan. vegetarian. hungryvegan. recipe.